DTLA Outing

10:29 PM

L.A. is definitely a place we venture to often.  Last week we made this trip mostly for Salt & Straw's honey lavender ice cream that we've been craving for too long since our road trip we did to Oregon 2 years ago.  It was as amazing as I remembered it.  There were also many ice cream pictures being taken.  My mom laughing at me: "I've never taken so many pictures of ice cream before!"  Thank you mother for putting up with my picture taking and taking them as I instruct you to.  She is very patient with me.  Salt & Straw is how we ended our L.A. day, and what a perfect way to end it!  I kind of wish I tried some of their other May flower flavors but I was too distracted having honey lavender on my mind.  We also brought back home 2 more pints.

So I guess I'm kind telling you about our day backwards because I naturally started talking about the ice cream first.  Well, before Salt & Straw we made a stop (or 3 hours) at The Last Bookstore.  I was really bummed that I didn't get many good pictures in there because the lighting was horrible.  I kept trying to fix the lighting on the camera but it wouldn't do.  I was only able to find one good spot to take a picture in where there were a lot of windows.  I've heard so much about this place but had never been until last week and thought it was pretty cool.
And a place we love going to for breakfast is Egg Slut.  So good!  I usually get the turkey bacon egg sandwich but this time I decided to try The Slut which is a coddled egg topped over a potato purée, poached in a cute glass jar with a mini baguette.  It was so delicious I've been craving it every day for breakfast since I had it last week.  I'm definitely going to get it again next time.

Hope you all have a good week!

-Kenzie x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity and passion about your photos and objects is lovely to see in action! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Translate