Music/George Ezra

2:27 PM

It would appear that another Brit boy has stolen the hearts of my sister and I (surprise, surprise). George (Geoff) Ezra who even are you? This kid goes from sweet and nostalgic (Budapest, Barcelona, Listen to the Man) to dark and Johnny Cash-esque songs such as Did you Hear the Rain? and Spectacular Rival (My personal favorite). He’s a relatively new artist, though clearly he’s had a long history with music considering the pure genius that is Wanted on Voyage. Yeah, I’m no musical expert but when a twenty-one year old kid can write and sing like this I think I might be at liberty to share my opinion. Also, Ian McKellen was in his most recent music video soo… you know you’re kind of a big deal when Magneto is fan-girling over you. I don’t want to put a label on his music to avoid pre-judgement, but I will say that I highly recommend this album for any kind of day and any kind of mood. George’s album is not available in the United States (a real travesty) so grooveshark and youtube will have to be your new best friend for the time being. And in case your curiosity hasn’t been piqued quite yet, let me share this conversation I had with my dad regarding Mr. Ezra. 
Dad: I love this album; who is it?
Me: George Ezra… What do you think he looks like?
Dad: Uh, big black guy?














Hope everyone is having a #petan day! 

Maddi x

P.S. George, if you're reading this: A solo American tour would be greatly appreciated... Specifically Southern California would be rad.
Thanks x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Translate