An English Adventure: Cornwall + Dorset

7:53 PM

"We're all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride."
Our first day in Cornwall started off quite blustery.... Despite the wind and rain violently being blown in our faces (and blowing our umbrella's inside out) Maddi and I were running up trails to look out at the cliffs.  I think England in general makes you want to be adventurous.  There's just so much to do and see, and how can you not feel the need to frolic in fields filled with sheep.
So we headed on from Cornwall and made our way towards St. Ives.  St. Ives is a beautiful and quaint little town on the Cornwall coast filled with unique local shops, bakeries, and pubs.  If I were to describe St. Ives I'd describe it being a mix of Greece and England put together.  This town was filled with cobblestone streets and clean white buildings that looked beautiful whenever the light and shadows touched them.
The St. Ives bakery, which first of all is adorable.  It's also where we had our first Pasty and they were amazing!  Cornish pasties are famous in Cornwall and are a pie like, and savory pastry.  I'd been waiting to try one for a while and was so excited to finally get my first pasty.  We get quite excited over food in our family.  It makes the trip even better for us.  I would definitely love to come visit Cornwall again.
While in St. Ives, Maddi and I also took a boat ride over to St. Michaels Mount Castle.  The view of everything was so clear that day to be at the castle.  I wasn't able to go inside though because I hadn't really been on a boat before so um, I ended up having to sit down for a bit.  I was able to wonder around the outside of the castle though.  I love that England just has Castles you can explore and they're just casually sitting in the middle of oceans or towns.  It's pretty great.
Old Harry Rocks
Oh, Dorset.... Just.  It's too beautiful and just felt like home.  Dorset had to be my favorite and I think because of the fact that it did feel like home, like I could definitely live there.  I think it felt like home too because of the friends we were able to spend time with in service as well as go on other adventures with.  The territory we did in service was in Verwood which is a lot of beautiful farmland, and as you can see we made some animal friends.  It was so nice to experience service in a completely different environment.  As expected, the friends were all so warm and welcoming.  Maddi and I were able to work with our sweet sister and new friend, Jackie.  Jackie was too sweet.  She had also gotten us some amazing presents to welcome us visitng.  It's such an amazing thing we can become good friends with anyone from another country so quickly in our organization.  Also, the Old Harry rocks were epic.  I've never seen anything so beautiful and breathe taking.  The different shades of blue in the water against the chock-like rock was stunning.  It makes me cry thinking about it.  Can I just build a little home right there? I'd be happy.
After we spent some time out in the min, our friends took us on an adventure to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door.  On our way over there our friend Mark was dying because he hadn't had his tea allll day, then when we arrived there happened to be a tea truck driving away which just then left him devistated.  But we found it hilarious.  The car ride was quite entertaining along with our friend Scott who, to describe him perfectly is that classic best friend in a Brit comedy who's constantly cracking jokes.  While at Lulworth there was much pebble skipping and climbing on mountainous rocks.  And also just being entertained by Mark hamming it up for the camera.  
 I could've sat at the coves all day.  Both places were so serene with clear ocean water and mossy rocks.  Looking at these pictures makes me feel so sentimental for these places.  So much suadade.  I don't think I can write a proper blog post for this one to express how amazing it was.  Sitting there was so nice to feel the cold stinging breeze of the ocean and just sit peacefully while the wind ran through the grass moving it back and forth.  It was so nice to meet new friends and for them to take us on this adventure.  To end the day we had a pub night with a bunch of others we were able to meet. I'll always appreciate this day.

This trip really helped me to appreciate even more the many opportunities I have and have been able to experience.  Being able to see a whole different beauty in another country is something I'm really grateful for.  It's really amazing how in our organization we can go anywhere in the world and instantly be friends with those we meet.  It's something so special that only Jehovah's people have.  I'm so thankful for the friends we made on this trip and the time we got to spend with them.  Thank you everyone or making us feel so welcomed and for taking us on some adventures.  We hope to see you again soon!

- Kenzie x







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Translate