Americans in Paris

9:37 PM

So technically Paris was the start of our big trip.  We stayed one night in London in an adorable and also tiny hotel that had a narrow staircase to our room on the fourth floor.  You can imagine how fun it must have been as we lugged our things up there to our room.  The next day is when we took the train over to Paris.  I thought going on the channel would be a little scary but everything went just fine, we lived.  Going in and out of the tunnels was really cool though, every time we'd come out to a new view of the country from England to the France countryside.  Everything was so beautiful and green, and of course we saw quite a few sheep on the way.  When my mom and I arrived in Paris we just loved our little apartment.   We found this apartment on Home Away and for a great price too, and to add to that we were just blocks away from the Eiffel Tower and just a few feet away from a nice bakery and cheese shop.  The courtyard outside our apartment was lovely too. Paris was just what I thought it would be and I was so happy to be there with my Mom.  There is so much to share about this trip and so many emotions and things I cannot express properly through these posts.  I'm doing my best though to share my favorite moments and travels so that I can look back on them and never forget about them.  I hope the things I've been sharing so far on this blog are some things you find interesting or are maybe interested in now!  For whoever even reads these posts haha.  Sharing this time with my Mom was very special to me because Paris, cheese, and croissants are just a few of our favorite things.  SO much cheese, crepes, croissants, salami, and bread were consumed on this trip.
Pretty much every day my mom and I would walk over to this little grocery store and grab these mini baguettes that we'd keep in our coat pockets and nibble on as wed head on to our next stop from the train.  The first night in Paris we went to see the Eiffel Tower when its all lit up and sparkly.  There are going to be a bit of a crowd of tourists, but aside from that its beautiful to look at.  Everything in Paris is so dainty and romantic, the architecture is so detailed and there are so many little bakery's and flower shops on every corner.  And any time we came across a crepe stand we couldn't pass it up.  I did make a mess of myself while eating one though.  Whilst walking around at night as I was devouring my crepe, a mess of carmel and nutella spilled onto my dress leading us to a Starbucks bathroom as we did our best to wash it out haha.  Another little story I won't forget is when my mom and I snuck to the rooftop of a fancy hotel so we could get rooftop pictures of Paris.  While up there I accidentally closed the door we came through all the way, not realizing it would lock.  So.... For some time we thought we were locked out and going to be stuck on the roof or have to call for help, but my mom ended up finding another door that wasn't locked so we were all good.
Versailles was gorgeous and I'm so glad we went.  It was filled with so many tiny rooms that were beautifully decorated with delicate knickknacks and detailed paintings.  And the grounds were amazing.  I loved the garden mazes and the different art that was displayed.  In the morning it started out foggy and misty, but at some point the sun poked out and looked beautiful shining on the some the gold statues. And the trees were so vibrant! October was definitely a good time to visit.


So Shakespeare and Company was adorable.  I think I'm running out of good ways to describe things... I'm sure I've used the word 'adorable' many times now.  Anyways, I loved it.  Unfortunately, pictures weren't allowed inside.  Inside the bookshop its so quaint and filled with of course, tons of books.  There were also ladders leading to new spots and little nooks and corners where you could snuggle up and relax while reading a book you picked up.
On one of our last days in Paris we went to the Musée d'Orsay.  It was a little overwhelming, but in a good way.  It was so cool to see so many paintings from some of my favorite artists up close.  After that we spent the day in the Jardin des Tuileries garden (where I ate a giant thing of cotton candy) as well as Angelina's for some rich hot chocolate.  Afterward, we went to visit the Paris Anglaise Lourve congregation that is located in the Latin Quarter area of Paris.  Also, the Latin Quarter was one of our favorite spots in Paris.  There were a lot of unique shops and things to see.  Funny too, at the meeting the speaker that gave the talk that day was actually from California.  It was so nice because I was able to meet a sister who was a friend of a friend of mine who was in the congregation we were able to visit.   It was so cute to watch all the friends as they left the Kingdom Hall walking back to there homes, or seeing the little ones riding away on their bikes.  This is the lovely sister I was able to meet (pictured below) is Poloma and her little sister.  I hope to see you friends again soon!
Our last day in Paris was a sunnier day so we went to see the Eiffel tower one last time and also attempted to fit the entire Eiffel tower in our photo.  I'm so grateful for all the memories I've been able to make and opportunities I've been able to experience as well as people I've been able to meet.  We miss you Paris, hope to see you again soon!


- Kenzie x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Translate