A Visit to BBC Radio 1

9:25 PM

So I finally decided to stop being lazy about writing these blog posts.  I've also been waiting a while to write this post and hesitating to write it because this day was pretty special so I felt the post needed to be special as well.  So the reason why this day was special is because we got to meet Greg James.  Greg James and Chris Smith are from BBC Radio 1 and host a podcast of their best bits of their show every week.  Actually, as I'm writing this I also happens to be listening to the podcast.  So does that makes me a blogstard...?  I don't know.  Also, thanks for motivating me to finally write this, Greg.  Anyways, if you have no idea what I'm going on about you have to listen for yourself.  This is me passing the podcast to you, or, well.... whoever reads these posts.


Let me tell you, this podcast gets me laughing so hard as well as my sister with their ongoing inside jokes, squeaky gates sounding like the Jurassic Park theme (one of my favorite bits), the game cheese ball, rage against the answer machine, and Greg just being.... himself.  Anytime I'm feeling down or just really need a good laugh Greg's podcast is my go to.



Before the trip, Maddi had emailed Greg's producer asking if it'd be possible we could pop in and meet Greg briefly while in their part of the world. Then to our surprise, while in Oxford (at Fudge Kitchen) Maddi got a call from Greg's producer, Ian saying that we could come in the next day to meet Greg to which we squealed with excitement.  Now, we thought it'd just be a brief visit but what ended up happening was once we entered the studio with Grace (thank you, Grace!) and did our greetings with Greg and Chris, and Ian, Greg goes "now have a seat, we're going to do the podcast!" (I'm feeling so much excitement just writing about it).   So Greg has us sit down, put our headphones on, and be a part of the podcast as guests.  And it was just the best.  We got to play cheese ball, chat with Greg and Chris, but mostly we sat giggling at Greg and Chris as they did their parts for the podcast.


Thank you BBC Radio 1, Greg, Chris, Ian, and Grace for letting us visit with you all!  It was a big highlight of our trip and certainly a treat.  We're very happy we got to meet you all and that you were kind enough to let us be a part of it.

-Kenzie x

P.S. - You can have a listen to the podcast here or download it on your podcast app.  Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Translate