Oxford

11:31 AM

Oxford is definitely a special place to us and a place we would love to show everyone if we could.  Its only about an hour train ride from London which is nice, plus the train ride there is a beautiful sight to see the country as you see the rolling green hills and sheep moving quickly past your window.
  Boy would I love to be here right now as it is scorching hot in California at the moment.  I'm cryin' just looking at these photos.  Anyways, our first stop in Oxford was Society Cafe.  Our favorite cafe to get a nice cup of coffee in England when we're craving it.  We were so happy to hear they had opened one in Oxford as well, and we definitely needed our caffeine before we started our day.  Thank you, Society Cafe for always being so lovely!
And the famous Radcliffe Camera.... The architecture in Oxford is ridiculously beautiful, and especially once the sun peeks out it makes the buildings look as if they're made of gold.  Among the many other places I wish I could live in England, this is on the list.  Our day did start off a little cloudy, as you'd expect... But at some point the sun did start showing up, as everyone was excitedly looking up at the sky waiting for it to come out a little more and the buskers began playing 'Here Come The Sun'.  It was so great. 
The Sheldonian Theatre is also a beautiful site to see.  Last time we were here I didn't get a chance to go in so I'm glad I was able to on this trip.  Our friend Ellie and I walked to the very top of it, and once you get there you can see a beautiful view of Oxford.  And if you'd like to know more history behind these sites I'm linking them to the Oxford site. Also, fun fact: Emma Thompson studied here.
One of the shops we like to visit is Alice's Shop if you like little knick knacks or illustrated prints. If you'd also like to read more things we've done in Oxford, here is the link from our last visit.
And of course.... Our favorite Turf Tavern.  We probably went here three time this day haha.  The fish and chips as well as their steak and ale pie is amazzzing.  My sister and her friend Megan were also excited to see they had Old Rosie this season, so I had to try a pint of that even though I had a hard time drinking all of it haha.  It was delicious, I'm just lame and don't know how to drink alcohol when abroad.  I think it was the best cider I've ever had though, its almost like juice.  Delicious.  This was also the most entertaining visit to Turf that I'll never forget.  (Video of the trip will be posted soon) Anywayyys....
To end the post, I wanted to mention another favorite shop we love in Oxford located on their High Street.  The first time we came to Podarok I bought a little pocket sized pouch, and was wanting to buy another nice bag to bring home.  My goodness, are the bags here beautiful.  I haven't really been  much of a bag person (I use totes a lot), but I always love the satchels England has and especially in Oxford that the students use.  Thanks, Podarok!

P.S. - Shout out to the Fudge Kitchen for making our Oxford trip so entertaining and full of laughs!

- Kenzie x  









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Translate